Visit Whole Foods Market’s Capitola location on Thursday, September 1 for an affordable barbecue dinner and the money you spend will benefit Easter Seals Central California. This event is co-sponsored by Whole Foods Market and CVS.
Event Details: On Thursday, September 1 from 4-7pm you can purchase a BBQ plate for only $5. Each plate comes with your choice of a Whole Foods Market burger, veggie burger, Wellshire hot dog or veggie dog, plus chips and beverage (soda or water). The barbecue location is the parking lot in front of Whole Foods Market Capitola & CVS at 41st and Capitola Road. There will also be a raffle at the event. Proceeds from food and raffle ticket sales benefit Easter Seals Central California’s “Walk With Me Monterey Bay!”
Walk With Me Monterey Bay is an event being held so that vital programs for kids and adults with disabilities – and the families that love them – can continue via Easter Seals Central California (ESCC). Walk With Me Monterey Bay takes place at San Carlos Beach Park in Monterey on Saturday, Sept 24th from 7:30-10am. For more info visit www.walkwithme.org/monterey.
ESCC provides the following local services:
- Autism Services: ESCC’s Early Intervention Autism Program (EIAP) givies parents crucial early intervention strategies to address behaviors and strengthen relationships. Behavior specialists provide school/home support, parent mentors, trainings and support groups.
- Camp Harmon: This fully accessible, residential summer camp is for children and adults with disabilities, ages 8-65. Camp includes arts and crafts activities, a swimming pool, horseback riding, a putting green, an archery range and an athletic field.
- Child Development Center: Located at the Children’s Hospital in Madera, the CDC provides early childhood care for young children with and without disabilities.
- Education Services: ESCC provides classroom aides, nurses, Braille teachers, sign language interpreters, adaptive PE teachers, one-to-one behavioral staff, and home teaching assistants.
- Respite Services: Specially trained staff provides in-home assistance that allows time off for primary caregivers of family members with disabilities.
- Wide Awakes Club: This includes supervised monthly community-building social and recreational opportunities for young adults with physical and developmental disabilities.
Event location details:
Whole Foods in Capitola: http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/capitola/
1710 41st Ave, Capitola 95010 (831) 464-2900
If you’re on Twitter, please follow me @santacruzfoodie.