Duncraven’s August Horse Show Dates are taking place on August 26, 27 & 28 2011. The show’s highlights are the $7,500 Mini Prix, the $5,000 Hunter Derby and the $1,500 Child/Adult Jumper Classic.
Duncraven hosts USEF “A” rated shows that offer classes for hunters and jumpers, ponies and equitation. Duncraven also hosts schooling shows throughout the year.
Duncraven shows are known for good footing, well-designed courses, quality jumps and professional staff. A second story lounge above the indoor arena offers superb viewing and is air conditioned and heated for your comfort.
1300 Trenton Harbourton Road
Titusville, NJ 08560
A word from the Philadelphia Horse Training Examiner to all horse show spectators:
A day at a horse show is relaxing, enjoyable and interesting. Watching well prepared riders compete can also be helpful with your own horse show conquests.
A horse is an easily frightened animal and some horses can easily spook, especially when at a horse show away from home. There are top ten rules to follow to prevent a spectator from startling a horse while it is competing.
1. Never move suddenly while in close proximity to the show ring
2. Do not yell or use noisemakers
3. Do not intentionally look the horse in the eye
4. Avoid wearing loud, distracting prints
5. Try to avoid getting up and down
6. Do not litter, for obvious reasons and to prevent the litter from being blown toward the ring by the wind
7. Securely fasten long hair if it is windy
8. Do not bring unruly and/or loud dogs to the show ring area
9. Be mindful of children
10. Do not clap until the horse is done
It is necessary to remember that a horse and rider can be easily injured due to a careless spectator. Be kind and happy horse showing!