Don’t forget to follow me to NYC Fashion Week for the Spring 2012 collections.
Subscribe to my posts or follow me on Twitter @heathgirl and get in on all the buzz.
Have you seen Sophia Coppola’s lilac chiffon wedding dress by Azzedine Alaia?
Evoking a simple and effortless 60’s style, she unexpectly did not have friend Marc Jacobs design her dress, but instead took a unique style path. I personally love the lilac and the way she used her unique style to put a personal stamp on her wedding in Bernalda, Italy.
The MTV Awards made history with Lady Gaga in drag, Beyonce’s baby bump, a host of potty mouth comments and the noticable absence of a host. Oh where fore art thou Jimmy Fallon? Your comedic presence was missed.
The planned, oh I mean unscripted comedy, and the flash of skin with skintight miniskirts were in sharp contrast to the pretty hair and natural makeup that shined on the stars.
Two of my favorite hairstyles, an updated ballerina bun with perfect volume on Selena Gomez and luxurious waves on Demi Lovato are very wearable and easy to create at home. To create the look for yourself Natasha Sunshine, Pureology Colour Ambassador and Owner of Byu-ti Hair Therapy, Pureology’s flagship salon has shared the secret to get this DIY looks.
To get Selena Gomez look begin with clean dry hair.
- Use a dollop of ColourStylistNourishingNectar before blowdrying for volume.
- Give an all over mist to the hair using ColourStylist Strengthening ControlZero Dulling Hairspray
- Tease (or lace) hair from the front hairline to the crown of the head.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail placed in the center back of the head. Make sure to leave fullness in the front and crown area when combing hair back.
- Spin ponytail into a smooth bun and secure with bobby pins making a criss cross pattern to keep your bun in place.
- Finish with a final mist of ColourStylists Hairspray
Get Demi Lovato’s gorgeous rockin’ waves by blowdrying hair withColourStylist Cuticle Polisher
- Use a medium-sized round brush and work quickly.
- The real work is in the ironing.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron, take 2-inch sections and wind the hair in a spiral fashion around your iron (you don’t need to open your iron, you can simply wind it around a closed iron and hold the ends.)
- Spray each section before and after with StrengtheningControl Hairspray
- Continue around the whole head until each section has been curled.
- Gently run your fingers through your hair and finish with a final mist of hairspray
Pureology is available at Sephora and select salons.