Right now at Lowes Foods in Winston-Salem, you can pick up some southern style pork ribs for just $2.29 a pound. You can use these for for this recipe–it combines ribs with some easy homemade BBQ sauce. It’s delicious, and you’ll love them!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- approximately 3 pounds (1 package) of country-style ribs (or any type of ribs will work!)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- cooking spray (for the grill)
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need:
- large pot
- small saucepan
- large spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
- flat pan for boiled ribs
- basting brush
- plate for finished ribs
1: Make sure the ribs are fully thawed. Country-style ribs are each separate (and huge!!) so you shouldn’t need to separate them. If you use ribs like baby back ribs or spare ribs, which come together, you should separate them into manageable sections (no longer than 4-5 inches).
2: Take the large pot and fill it around halfway with water. Boil the water, and add the ribs. Shake salt, pepper, and garlic into the water, to taste.
3: Boil the ribs for approximately 1 hour. Occasionally move the ribs around with the tongs to ensure it’s boiling evenly.
4: Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients (except the cooking spray) into the small saucepan, and let it cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5: Remove the ribs from the water, letting the excess drip off first. Place on the flat pan.
6: Pour sauce lightly over the ribs (reserve some). Use the basting brush to completely cover each one, flipping the ribs and brushing each side.
7: Preheat the grill to medium heat, spray it lightly with the cooking spray, and cook each side for 3-5 minutes, until light char marks are on both sides. Baste while cooking with some of the excess sauce for maximum delicious flavor.
Remove from the grill and enjoy! Use some of the sauce if you want for dipping or pouring over top the ribs when they are finished. Delicious!!
Along with local Lowes Foods, Harris Teeters in Winston-Salem are selling boneless country-style ribs for $2.97 a pound. You can also pick up country style Boston butt pork ribs for $2.27 a pound. To see all the Lowes Foods specials in Winston-Salem, click here. For Harris Teeter specials, click here.
Winston-Salem Harris Teeters are located at:
- Whitaker Square: 1955 N Peacehaven Rd
- Harper Hill Commons: 150 Grant Hill Lane
- Thruway Center: 420-22 S Stratford Rd
- Cloverdale: 2281 Cloverdale Ave
- Robinhood Village: 5365 Robinhood Village Dr
- Reynolda Commons: 3508 Yadkinville Rd
Winston-Salem Lowes Foods are located at:
- Sherwood Plaza Shopping Center: 3372 Robinhood Road
- Oliver’s Creek Shopping Center: 5034 Peter’s Creek Parkway
- Reynolda Manor Shopping Center: 2890 Reynolda Road
- Summit Square Shopping Center: 200 Summit Square Blvd., University Parkway North