The social side of golf plays a huge role in the total experience at Mountain Creek Golf Course.
Mountain Creek’s owner Jonathan Schaepper has created a friendly atmosphere that players quickly discover whether they’re in the renovated clubhouse overlooking the course, out on the fairways and greens, or visiting the track’s website and its Facebook page.
“Our staff is proud that we receive lots of compliments for our family-like atmosphere,” said Schaepper. “Everyone feels right at home.
“We are a semi-private golf course where members enjoy many privileges such as preferred tee times, power cart discounts and several club events like nine-and-dines throughout the season. We also have live entertainment functions and we put together a golf getaway to Florida each year.”
All tournament winners qualify for Mountain Creek’s Florida Scramble and all participants of the scramble will be entered into a draw to win a spot in Mountain Creek’s Second Annual Winter Golf School in Port St. Lucie, Fla., this November and December. The trip includes hotel, golf and instruction. The value is approximately $1,800. The trip is non-transferable and holds no cash value.
Members can also qualify for the Florida trip by playing in the new Beat the Pro Format.
A great example of the camaraderie at Mountain Creek happened while I played the course with two members. Frank and Jack gave me the lowdown on how much they liked the laid-back environment while they made me feel welcome.
As we were playing a rainstorm popped up and unlike several other courses I’ve played, the majority headed for the clubhouse to chat it up and wait it out rather than scamper for their cars and drive home.
The course is located near Arnprior and plays to par 70 for the men and 71 for the women. It ranges in distance from 5,483 yards to 6,216 yards. The championship layout borders two lakes and a meandering creek comes into play on five holes.
Each hole is distinctive and provides players from beginners to low-handicappers with fun and enjoyment. While there are plenty of trees, there’s very little brush, so the pace of play is comfortable.
Schaepper has just announced that half-season memberships are now on sale and he invites players to check the website for e-specials.
Here are some of the deals:
- Senior special – Golf and cart, $25 +HST (must have coupon from our e-specials)
- Ladies special – Golf and cart, $25 +HST (must have coupon from our e-specials)
- Daily Golf and Cart Specials - $20 after 4 p.m., $25 after 1 p.m. and $33.63 before 1 p.m., +HST
Here’s rundown of upcoming events:
- July 17: British Open Mixed Scramble
- July 22: Nine & Dine – Members $15, Guests $20
- July 24: Ladies Field Day, Men’s ABCD Gross/Net
- Aug. 6: Men’s Texas Scramble
- Aug. 7: Ladies Modified Honeypot
- Aug. 14: Mixed Shoot-out
- Aug. 20/21: Club Championships – Five/Seven-Day Members Welcome to Play
- Aug. 26: Nine & Dine – Members $15, Guests $20
- Aug. 27: Men’s Top Gun
- Sept. 9: Glo Ball
- Sept. 10: Men’s Split Sixes
- Sept. 17: Mixed Club Championship
- Sept. 24: Florida Scramble
- Sept. 25: Ladies Tombstone, Men’s $$Skins$$
- Oct. 2: Mixed Oktoberfest
- Oct. 15: Sandvik Mountain Creek $$$Polar Bear$$$
- Oct. 16: Men’s/Ladies Polar Bear
For more details or to book a tee-time, call 613.623.8919 or visit www.mountaincreekgolf.com.