Colorado Springs is not only an ice skatng mecca, but the city also is the home of the World Figure Skating Museum and Hall of Fame. The museum showcases figure skating and its history. It is the only museum of its kind in the world.
- Visit their website
The history of early ice skating and modern figure skating are represented at the museum. The accomplishments of figure skaters from all over the world are all in one place..
The World Figure Skating Museum includes:
- Photos and paintings showing ice skating history
- Descriptions of figure skating moves
- Costumes and skates worn by ice skating champions
- Stories of great figure skaters
- Historical figure skating films
- Exhibits showing great moments in ice skating history
Hall of Fame features:
- Olympic and World Figure Skating champions
- Famous figure skating coaches
- Historical ice skating figures
- Ice show stars
Plan your visit:
The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for senior citizens, and $3 for children between the ages of six an twelve. Admission is free for children five years and younger and for US Figure Skating members, Group tours can be arranged.
Contact the museum:
- Phone: 635-5200
- Address: 20 First Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Email: email@example.com
- Ice skating history
- Olympic figure skating
- How to become a figure skater