Snicker doodles are delightful little cookies with a flavor all of their own. It is mild yet unforgettable. With the heat during the summer months baking cookies seems out of the question. It is enough that some dinners require use of the oven. To stand around baking one tray at a time heating the kitchen and the house is a task most of us avoid this time of year. But we love our snicker doodle cookies and would just love to have that taste satisfying out taste buds. So what do you do? The next best thing of course! And what a surprise it is to enjoy the taste of snicker doodle cookies as a coffee mix that doesn’t need an oven and can be ready in no time at all. Coffee with the taste of snicker doodles, a dream come true for the cookie lover’s yen.
- 1 cup of powdered milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of baking cocoa
- ½ cup of vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of coffee granules
- Combine all ingredients together in an air-tight container.
- Shake well before each use.
- Boil water in a sauce pan or kettle.
- Add three tablespoons of coffee snicker doodle mix into a coffee mug.
- Fill cup with boiling water and stir well.
- Coffee is ready to share and sip slowly.
- If fresh brewed coffee is preferred follow the above recipe and leave out the coffee granules. Brew coffee as usual and add three tablespoons of mix to mug of steaming coffee and stir well.
- Remember the non-dairy creamer is already in the mix helping to lighten the coffee and pull the snicker doodle flavor together. Non-dairy creamer does nothing to lessen the heat in the cup when cooling down is needed. Let sit, add part of an ice cube or a little splash of cold milk if it is too hot to drink.
- A squirt or dollop of whipped cream can also be added if you want a creamier cupful.
- Store the container and the coffee mix in the pantry, spice cabinet or right next to the coffee maker or coffee pot so it is readily available whenever you are in the mood for a snicker doodle and don’t have time for baking.
Winona’s local SuperValu has everything that is needed to prepare this recipe.
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Looking for more easy to follow, step-by-step recipes from the Winona Cooking Examiner click on the subscribe button above and each new entry will be delivered to your inbox spam free.
An array of fun, crafty and educational topics, stories and articles are available from the Winona Home and Living Examiner. Local events and interesting facts, tips and holiday information is also available for your reading pleasure.
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Digg