Got any plans this week? If not, the CFTE has a list of fashionable events for you all to hit up this week! From bridal related to Mag Mile magicalness! If you are a bride to be, soon to be or just love fashion, the fabulous Sofitel Hotel Chicago -Water Tower is having a two week shopping and fashion extravaganza including a special occasion and bridal fashion show presented by Bloomi’s!
From 8/22 – 9/18 the Sofitel lobby will be made over into the Stay in Fashion live installation. The installation will be showcasing looks from talented designers including: Vince, Elie Tahari, Gerard Darel, Alice + Olivia and much more (so stop on by and give it a look-see). The lines will highlight the hottest in cocktail and evening fashion including accessories and final looks. The CFTE won’t be in tow due teaching a Wednesday night class (the life of a professor), but we’ll be sure to have a crew around to get pics of all the fashion hubbub to share with all of you!
Some of the seasons hottest trends should definitely inspire you for fall fashion in Chicago. This Wednesday will be one of the highlights of the week of style at Sofitel! The hotel is is presenting and celebrating Style Down the Aisle. The chicest in special occasion, loveliest in bridal and resort will be presented on the runway. The pieces will come from some of Chicago’s top retailers. Best of all, the fashion is for a good cause! A portion of the proceeds benefit Design for Dignity. It’s always good to see the industry giving back to a cause.
Water Tower definitely has it going on over the next few weeks! Sofitel will be fun to hit, but if you are also in the shopping mood, the shopping center has some great deals going down as well! Water Tower has the in In-Fashion shopping festival under way. is the first shopping festival of its kind in the nation and will feature exclusive events, designer and celebrity appearances, trunk shows and so much more to keep you fellow shop-a-holics and fashion lovers occupied!
The shopping extravaganza made its grand entrance on Friday, August 26 with an interactive celebrity event featuring renowned stylist and television star, Carson Kressley (you all already heard enough about the CFTE’s crush on his hair)! The event comes to a head and finishes out with a bang n September 8 with Chicago’s version of Fashion’s Night Out. So, make sure you get your fashion on and OH — here is the best part – here is a COMPLETE list of SPECIAL OFFERS AND SALES (oh darlings you are SO welcome – xoxo).
SPECIAL OFFERS & SALES
- Accent Chicago (Level 7): Save 10% on your entire purchase in store when you use your MasterCard® card, receive the Luna Reversible Tote for only $9.99 (regular price $17.95) with any purchase of $25 or more or buy 2 Chicago the Windy City t-shirts for only $20.
- Aldo (Level 6): Spend $50 or more in store and receive a FREE gift.
- American Girl Place (Levels G and 2): Receive personal shopping services when you mention In-Fashion and show your MasterCard® card in store and receive a FREE American Girl souvenir doll tee (valued at $8) when you make a $40 retail purchase. Visit the American Girl Place Chicago Customer Service desk for your offer coupon. Restrictions apply.
- AVA BLACK (Level 4): FREE Glittens fingerless gloves with EVERY purchase
- bebe (Level 3): Receive 15% off your purchase of $125 or more.
- Campus Colors (Level 7): FREE gift with every $50 purchase. Restrictions apply. See store for details.
- CHIARoScURO (Level 2): Receive 10% off purchases of $25 or more when you use your MasterCard® card.
- deca RESTAURANT + BAR (The Ritz-Carlton Chicago, Level 12): Enjoy a $25 3-course lunch menu and a $35 3-course dinner menu.
- foodlife (Level M): Enjoy ANY entree, a cookie or brownie and a fountain drink for only $11. Valid every day after 5:00 p.m. and all day Sunday.
- Local Charm (Level 5): 10% off all purchases or 15% off when you “Like” Local Charm on Facebook or “Check In” on Foursquare with your mobile device
- Macy’s (Levels G – 8): Visit the Executive Office and show your out of state identification or hotel room key to receive a 10% savings pass valid on all purchases for three days. Exclusions apply. See stores for details.
- Michael Hill (Level 7): $50 off when you spend $150 or more in store. Restrictions apply. See store for details.
- Mity Nice (Level M): Show your shopping festival brochure for a FREE dessert with any entree purchase.
- Tourneau (Level 3): Receive $250 towards your purchase of $1,000 or more at Tourneau the world’s largest watch store when you use your MasterCard® card and mention offer code IFCH4103 in store.
Keep checking back this week as the CFTE still has events to share with a Real Housewife visit, Youtube sensation Greyson Chance, a visit by the always stylish Marcellas Reynolds and topping it off Bravo TV’s Brad Goreski at 900 North Michigan Shops for FNO on Sept. 8 2011. Of course, you will also get the run down of all of the fashion trends presented. So, stay tuned!
Remember to keep up with the CFTE on the Fashion Revolution or on Twitter and on facebook here.
Also, don’t forget you can still vote for the column and blog which were nominated for CBS Chicago’s MVB Awards (make sure to vote for the CFTE here!) Thanks for your continued support readers! It has been much appreciated.