The Cheesecake Factory chain was the winner by a significant margin over the next two competitors, according to a survey by Market Force, a customer experience management firm.
The survey had good news for all restaurants, finding that 25% of consumers surveyed plan to eat out more in the coming months while 8% said they planned to cut back. Six months ago, a similar survey said 50% of respondents planned to eat out less.
The survey was conducted in May and June, based on results from 5,000 of the firm’s 300,000 independent mystery shoppers.
The survey’s top 15 rankings:
- 1. Cheesecake Factory
- 2. (tie) Texas Roadhouse, Red Robin
- 4. (tie) Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday
- 6. (tie) P.F. Chang, Red Lobster
- 8. (tie) Longhorn Steakhouse, Outback Steakhouse
- 9. (tie) Cracker Barrel, T.G.I. Friday’s, Golden Corral, Applebee’s, Chili’s
- 15. IHOP
OTHER CHAIN RESTAURANT NEWS UPSTATE:
• 3 restaurants confirmed for Carousel expansion
• Melting Pot opens in Henrietta
• Johnny Rockets enters Westchester