Had the opportunity to sample this sweet and savory sandwich at the BlogHer conference earlier this month in San Diego. Hillshire Farms is introducing a lower-sodium line of deli meat (yay!) and this colorful wrap is a great way to use the last strawberries of summer for a light meal. The nice thing about lower-sodium meat is, besides the health benefits of cutting out some salt, the turkey tastes like turkey and the ham tastes like ham. If you use a 100-calorie wrap, the entire recipe is around 220 calories.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8-inch)
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices Hillshire Farm Lower Sodium Oven Roasted Turkey
- 1/4 cup strawberry slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy-seed salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped toasted pecans (optional)
Top tortilla with turkey, spinach, strawberries and red onion. Drizzle with poppy-seed dressing and top with pecans, if desired. Roll up and serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.