On August 17, 2011 Big Tobacco decided to fight back and sue the Federal government for “violation of free speech” and a complaint charging that the new proposed cigarette packages would end up costing them millions of dollars. The companies involved in the law suit were RJ Reynolds, Lorillard Tobacco, Commonwealth Brands, Inc., Liggett Group LLC and Santa Fe Natural Tobacco. The Big Tobacco companies are in an uproar over the new changes advocated by the FDA for the tobacco companies to place on each cigarette package 9 warning labels concerning smoking. The warnings are:
- Warning: Cigarettes are addictive.
- Warning: Tobacco smoke can harm your children.
- Warning: Cigarettes cause cancer.
- Warning: Cigarettes cause strokes and heart disease.
- Warning: Smoking can kill you.
- Warning: Tobacco smoke causes fatal lung disease in non-smokers.
- Warning: Quitting smoking now greatly reduces serious risks to your health.
- Pictures of a baby with tubes in her nose.
- Pictures of diseased lungs and healthy lungs.
The Tobacco company thought they would take this opportunity to sue the Federal government knowing that the Federal government is essentially broke being trillions in debt and unable to even pay those “entitlements” of Social Security. The first lawsuit against the Tobacco companies has ruled against them in support of Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood to the tune of 8 million dollars to be paid to the state. This ruling took place August 25, 2011 and one wonders how many other tobacco lawsuits will suddenly start failing now. Cha-ching!
In Lafayette, La patrons are saying:
It doesn’t matter what new warning label is placed on cigarettes, we’re gonna smoke them anyway!
In a School science class four worms were placed into four separate jars.
The first worm was put into a jar of alcohol.
The second worm was put into a jar of cigarette smoke.
The third worm was put into a jar of sperm.
The fourth worm was put into a jar of soil.
After one day, these were the results:
The first worm in alcohol — dead.
The second worm in cigarette smoke — dead.
The third worm in sperm — dead.
The fourth worm in soil — alive.
So the science teacher asked the class — “What can you learn from this experiment.”
Little Johnny quickly raised his hand and said. “As long as you drink, smoke and have sex, you won’t have worms.” The Non-Smokers’ Movement of Australia
- If you would like to receive this article in your email box, click Subscribe link at the top or the Get My Newsletter link at the bottom. If you would like to see more articles by this writer, click here or click the RSS feed button at the bottom. I’m also on Facebook and Twitter. Feel free to share my articles. Email me at [email protected] for suggestions or questions.
©KrisDuBoisBest, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a joltleft.com.