There’s no getting around the fact that painting a ceiling can be hard work. Finding an easy-to-apply ceiling paint which won’t require several coats, is the first step to making your job a little easier. Listed below you’ll find our recommendations for the best ceiling paint. Each one will offer a durable coat, a long-lasting finish, and the easiest application possible. DO NOT use regular wall paint to paint a ceiling! Ceiling paint is thicker than wall paint and will cover and conceal the ceiling surface better than any wall paint can.
Quick tip – To make your ceiling paint job easier, invest in a long-handled paint brush; this will eliminate a majority of the up and down climbing you would have to do with a standard-handled paint brush.
Best ceiling paint for the home –
- Rust-Oleum Zinsser Ceiling Paint – If you’ve experienced water damage that has stained your ceiling, a standard ceiling paint will not adequately cover the damage. That’s why you need Rust-Oleum Zinsser Ceiling Paint. This is a smart paint which will not only paint right over the damaged spot, but will also help to protect the surface from future mold and mildew growth. This ceiling paint looks pink in the can, and will go on the surface pink so that you can see exactly where it is being applied. As the paint dries, it turns to a brilliant white. This is, by far, the best ceiling paint for concealing slightly damaged or stained ceilings, or for preventing stains from occurring. Rust-Oleum Zinsser Ceiling Paint can be used on flat ceilings, textured ceilings, drywall, plaster, acoustic ceilings, and even metal ceilings.
- Benjamin Moore Waterborne Ceiling Paint – Benjamin Moore Waterborne Ceiling Paint is one of the smartest choices when it comes to ease of application. This ceiling paint is designed to not splatter or drip, and will cover most ceiling types with just one coat. Use it on flat ceilings, textured ceilings, or even drywall, for a smooth finished look. This paint has a super-flat finish, which will help to absorb light and not reflect it. The last thing you want on your ceiling is paint that will reflect light, as this will cast a glare all around the room. Benjamin Moore Waterborne Ceiling Paint comes in white, but can be tinted to match any Benjamin Moore paint color.
- INSL-X Texture Stone Ceiling Paint – Mixed in with this ceiling paint are tiny bits of sand, which helps to fuse the paint together to hold together small cracks in the ceiling surface. This means you don’t have to putty the ceiling before you paint! INSL-X has a slightly textured consistency, but glides on like standard ceiling paint. As you work, you’ll be able to see where the paint has been applied as the texture is lightly visible against regular paint. When it dries, you’ll have a beautiful, brilliant white finish, which will conceal any insignificant chips, holes, or hairline cracks. Can effectively be used on drywall, plaster, and other standard ceiling surfaces.
- Valspar Ultra Premium Ceiling Paint – Valspar Ultra Premium Ceiling Paint offers a durable coverage, without omitting harsh chemical fumes. This is a low VOC, low odor formula ceiling paint, which has been proven to be better for the environment than standard paint types, and releases virtually no harsh odors during application. While some low VOC or no-VOC paints don’t offer the same lasting coverage as standard paint, Valspar Ultra Premium Ceiling Paint does. It will cover almost any ceiling type will just one coat. Use it on flat ceilings, textured ceilings, acoustical tile, or even drywall. This ceiling paint comes in brilliant white, but can be tinted to any of 100 different Valspar paint shades.
- Dutch Boy Bright White Ceiling Paint – When you need an affordable ceiling paint that will cover slight imperfections, you can’t go wrong with Dutch Boy Bright White Ceiling Paint. Goes on white and dries to a brilliant flat finish, which works to absorb light and eliminate glare. For a price of around$ 20.00 a gallon, this is one of the economical choices when shopping for ceiling paint. It’s low-odor formula reduces harsh chemical fumes, making it a smart choice for painting in an occupied home. This ceiling paint can be applied with a standard paint roller in just one coat. Splatter resistant formula can be cleaned with mild soap and water.
To purchase these or other ceiling paints, shop at any of the retailers listed below:
Lowe’s Home Improvement
– 3899 South High Street, Columbus – (614) 497-6170
– 2888 Brice Road, Columbus – (614) 575-6000
– 5200 N. Hamilton Road, Columbus – (614) 939-5036
– 6333 Cleveland Avenue, Columbus – (614) 523-0600
Be sure to subscribe to the Columbus Home Improvement Examiner!