Every year, teens get to vote for their favorite celebs and performers, courtesy of Fox. Tonight, Sunday, August 7, 2011, the Teen Choice Awards are airing live from 6:30 EST, with an encore presentation at 7:00 PST.
Celebs hit the blue carpet to pick up their awards, surfboards, in their outfits of choice. Whose outfit was “boss” and whose was “bogus”? Read on to find out!
Teen Choice Best Dressed
- Selena Gomez just gets better with each red (or in this case, blue) carpet appearance. This time she shines in a gold Erin Fetherston dress with a creamy chiffon train.
- Katie Leclerc was positively breathtaking in a blue and white ombre BCBG dress with tiny pleats and flattering swoops of fabric. Gold Sergio Rossi peep toes completed the stunning look.
- Raven-Symone went with a distinguished black skirt suit and white blouse combo that was understated but beautiful on her. The emerald feather extension in her hair gave her just enough color to stand out from the crowd.
- Blake Lively has come by her fashion rep honestly, and she did not disappoint at the Teen Choice Awards in her tangerine dress nipped in at the waist with a teeny belt and leopard print heels. Adorable!
- Ashley Greene strikes the fine (and sometimes risky) balance between understated elegance and downright casual. She wore a sleek black and white number that was belted at the waist with a strappy little belt and repeated the strappy look in her shoes, which criss-crossed up to her ankle. Tres-adorable!
Teen Choice Worst Dressed
- Avril Lavigne went with super-short, super-tight, and pretty sheer. Appropriate for Teen Choice Awards? Maybe not. The stripey-spotty heels were interesting. We’re just not sure if it was a good-interesting or a bad-interesting.
- Crystal Reed. Was that a Muppet on your back or were you just happy to be there? Marabou is fun, we know, but there are limits to how and where you should wear it. Draped all across your body might just be overkill.
- Dear Justin Bieber, We’ve heard the rumors about you and your GF, but no matter what’s going down on the romantic front, you still need to take the time to straighten out your tie before heading out on the blue carpet. Sincerely, the rest of us.
- Several years ago, a little video game called “The Sims” was introduced to the world. Unfortunately, that’s the first thing we thought of when we saw Fergie‘s dress. It looked exactly like Sims’ wallpaper. Not something you want to look like at an awards show, we’re sorry to say.
- Joe Jonas. We’ve had this conversation before. Stop with the 1980s gear, please. It’s one thing to add a trendy piece here and there, but if you’re dressing head to toe in a single trend, you just come off as a fashion victim. Maybe it’s time for a new stylist?
- Cory Monteith, what you’ve done to men’s fashion is virtually unspeakable. I’m not sure which is worse: The black leather jacket, the gray shirt, the skinny tie, or the dark khakis, the giant belt, the rolled-up sleeves, or the eyeball-searing combination.