“Lookin’ 4 Luv,” the new single from Julian Lennon’s forthcoming album “Everything Changes,” will get its world premiere on BBC Radio on Monday, the singer revealed on Twitter Saturday.
The song will be played during “The Chris Evans Show” on BBC Radio 2. The album is to be released Sept. 26, Lennon said.
The singer’s last album of new material, “Photograph Smile,” was released in 1998. A compilation of songs was released in 2001. In late 2008,.Lennon’s “Lucy,” in memory of his friend Lucy Vodden, the real-life inspiration for “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds,” was put out as a charity release for the Lupus Foundation.
He became a patron of the Lupus Foundation in December to help raise funds and awareness about the disease and launched a photography website in January. In February, it was revealed he had recorded a version of “Let You Go” to appear on the upcoming “Dave Harris Project” album.
Lennon, the son of Beatle John Lennon, published a book with pictures of his Beatles memorabilia last year.
© COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This article is the original work of Stan. Under no circumstance may any portion of this article be broadcast, copied, published, rewritten or used without the permission of the author. Please feel free to link to this article, however. To purchase this or any other article by Stan, please email [email protected]
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on joltleft.com.
- If you love the Beatles and want to keep up with what’s really happening with them, be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page. (And don’t miss our Paul McCartney Examiner column at http://joltleft.com/paul-mccartney-in-national/steve-marinucci.)
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at [email protected]
- See all the Beatles Examiner columns: http://joltleft.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- We’re now on Google+! Join us!
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525 or our new Paul McCartney Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-McCartney-Examiner/185104808204671 on Facebook.
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!