Summer’s almost over and the flurry of back-to-school shopping has begun. How nice that National Bargain Hunting Week coincides with Back to School shopping!
Parents are scurrying to get everything they need to make sure their children are well-dressed and prepared to meet the new school year, all shined up and ready to learn. But where to start? This is where you, grandma, can be a hero without spending a dime. Simply forward this list of online shopping sites that offer school supplies, clothes, and shoes for kids at discounted prices.
Top Bargain Sites for School Supplies
For school supplies, back-to-school time is when the stores go crazy with sales. Start with the supply list from the school, make a comprehensive list for all the kids, shop the store sale ads from the Sunday paper, and try to consolidate and buy as many items per store as possible. Driving all over town uses lots of gas and makes shopping the sales more costly than what you can save. But first, check out these online bargain sites for school supplies:
1. Amazon’s 100 school supplies for under $5. This is an awesome list. Everything is discounted and easy to find. (Prices good till September 10, 2011.)
2. Geddes. Seems like they’ve got it all, and at great prices on school supplies and student incentives.
Top Bargain Sites for Children’s Clothes
1. Baby Center has everything for baby at discount prices and includes coupons, sales, etc.
2. Bargain Children’s Clothing. You can shop by size, department, season, extreme sale, $10 and under, and brands.
3. Cheap Kids Clothes. New and usedkids clothing at everyday discount prices
4. Children’s Wear Outlet. All sizes and kinds, including uniforms.
5. Old Navy. Great prices and even better ones on sale, perfect for back-to-school.
6. Rascals Resale. Online children’s resale shop.
7. Zappo’s Kids’ Clothing Sale. Great deals
Top Bargain Sites for Children’s Shoes
1. 6PM.com. Discount kids shoes, save up to 75% off all footwear. Great site on name brand shoes for the whole family.
2. Hautelook.com. You have to sign up to “join” this site, but it’s free and worthwhile and the sales change all the time. Right now they have 50-70% off toddler shoes.
3. Housershoes.com. They have back-to-school sale of brand names and offer free shipping on women’s, men’s and kids’ shoes.
4. ShoeZoo.com. Discount shoes, popular name brands, even athletic shoes and they have back-to-school sales, as well.
5. Shoes.com. All kinds of cool shoes, boots, and sandals at discount prices with free shipping on all orders.
6. Kyleigh’s Closet. They sell new and gently used pediatrician recommended baby shoes, toddler shoes, and children’s shoes at discount prices.
Be a hero. Forward this list to your grandchildren’s parents. And if you want to be a greater hero, offer to chip in and buy something for your grandchildren. You know you want to.
And for a laugh, here’s a link to Top 5 Back to School Grandgiggles. Enjoy!
To receive Ellen Jacob’s articles in your in-box, click SUBSCRIBE. It’s FREE and your email will never be shared with anyone. Share your funny, cute, awwww! grand-giggles by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org type GRANDGIGGLES in the Subject Line.