The Minnesota Recruiting and Staffing Association (MNRSA) Presents: ICE Training: I-9 Form Completion, Tips for Identifying Valid or Fraudulent Documents and More
The event takes place Thursday, August 25, 2011 at the Southdale Library Community Room 7001 York Ave. S., Edina, MN.
The IMAGE Coordinator from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will present important information that all employers should know regarding I-9 requirements. Learn how to distinguish valid documents from fraudulent documents, plus receive a Guide to Selected U.S. Travel and Identity Documents.
This program will feature:
* How to detect fraudulent use of documents in the verification and employment process
* Completion of Form I-9 and recent changes
* How to respond to “No match” letters from the SSA and other federal and state government agencies
* How to use E-Verify, the DHS employment eligibility verification program
* What to do if you suspect criminal misconduct in the employment eligibility verification process
* How to ensure that U.S. citizens and authorized workers do not face discrimination with respect to hiring, firing or recruitment
* Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS) and how to make a good faith effort to correct and verify names and Social Security numbers
* The new IMAGE Program and how to be proactive in the event of an audit * Time for questions and answers The cost to participate is as follows:
* Before Aug. 19: $29 for MNRSA members and $39 for nonmembers
* After Aug. 19: $59 for MNRSA members and $69 for nonmembers
To register, visit the online registration form