The 2011 edition of the Nationwide Tour’s Cox Classic at Omaha’s Champions Run Golf Club starts today. Here’s a link to the schedule of events.
Most of the events taking place before the tournament’s start on Thursday are by invitation only, but there are many events open to the public.
Here’s a quick glance at the events which the public is invited to:
- Tuesday- Subway Youth Clinic at the Champions Run driving range, autograph sessions, practice rounds
- Wednesday- the 19th hole festivities start at 8 p.m. with DJ’s Dugout’s Blazing Pianos show (no cover charge)
- Thursday-Sunday- 72 holes of golfing action, the Michelob 19th hole has music, food, and libations
- Saturday- Fireworks with simulcast on FM 104.5
Here’s some quick information to know about this year’s event:
- Martin Piller, a former Texas A&M golfer and PGA Tour participant is the defending champ.
- John Hurley, Steve Friesen, Nate Lashley and others are Nebraska natives in the field
- Matthew Goggin, a former Cox Classic champ, has recently taken 1st place on the Nationwide Tour money list
- Tickets are available and there are many options (see below)
To purchase your tickets, please call the tournament office at 402-399-1800.
Classic Ticket Package ($40/ticket book) Includes eight one-day ground tickets for only $40 ($80 value). One-day grounds tickets available as well for $10 per ticket.
Viewing Box Package ($1,400 – 4 badges per day of tournament) Viewing Boxes are a golf enthusiast’s dream come true. Elevated tents are located throughout the course, and YOU have access in them! Follow the action all day while enjoying complimentary drinks and snacks.
Sponsor A Pro Package ($350 – includes 50 tournament tickets and autographed photo and plaque of your golfer) Here’s your chance to link your name and/or company with a future star of the PGA TOUR! In addition to the autographed photo and a plaque with your name engraved, you will also receive tickets for your closest 50 friends!
One-Day Clubhouse Ticket ($20/ticket) Provides access to Champions Run clubhouse as well as tournament grounds. Includes access to Champions Run’s Pro Shop, restaurant to purchase food and indoor restrooms. Valid for ONE day of the Tournament. One-day clubhouse tickets available for $20 per ticket.
One-Day Grounds Ticket ($10/ticket) Provides access to tournament grounds to watch the live action of the Cox Classic. Valid for ONE day of the Tournament. One-day grounds tickets available for $10 per ticket.
Michelob Ultra 19th Hole (price varies) Cover charges:
Wednesday (No Cover)
Cox Classic Tournament Ticket is not needed after 6:00 p.m.
Restaurant vendors open throughout the day.
Entertainment begins nightly at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday (additional entertainment starts Saturday after last putt – approximately 4:00 p.m.).
Now that you know about all the festivities, get your tickets now and enjoy the only PGA Tour affiliated event hosted in Omaha and Nebraska!