The 2011 MTV Video Music Awards red carpet featured some epic fashion flops from many of the evening’s biggest winners.
<—See photos of the worst dressed stars at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards here
Music industry A-listers including Adele, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber joined a train of other abysmally costumed stars in a variety of fashion derailments
Check out the 10 Worst Dressed Celebrities on the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards red carpet below
- Justin Bieber: The soon-to-be 18-year-old international pop superstar continued his attempt at a “geek chic” look at this year’s VMAs, but Bieber overshot the mark and ending up channeling the wardrobe of a menopausal woman.
- Lady Gaga: It’s hard to imagine what Lady Gaga could have done to top arriving in an egg at the 2011 Grammys. For this year’s VMAs, Gaga dressed like a skeevy guy with bad facial hair who sells beer to underage kids outside of 7-11. The Mother Monster was obviously making a comical statement with her cheesy poolroom hustler ensemble, but fans have come to count on Lady Gaga to amp up the red carpet glamour in an industry that has become increasingly more casual. Couldn’t it have been a skeevy, poolroom guy in 9-inch platform heels?
- Miley Cyrus: The Disney queen turned bong-smoking wild girl who “can’t be tamed” draped herself in what appeared to be multi-patterned couch upholstery.
- Adele: The toast of this year’s VMAs, Adele wore the exact same black shift dress you’ve seen her wear in every other public appearance she’s ever made. Granted, the crooner has an understated style, but the VMA red carpet usually calls for something a little bit spicier than something snatched from Miss Ellie rack in the ‘Dallas’ costume storage closet.
- Jessie J: It wasn’t the Brit pop star’s crutches and cast that tripped her up on the VMA red carpet, it was what she did with them. Her bedazzled white tights paired with a Vegas showgirl bodysuit and crutches wrapped like Christmas garland raised suspicions that she’d experienced an actual, literal fashion train wreck.
- Kreayshawn: The Best New Artist nominee’s Mickey Mouse minidress had Walt Disney turning over in his grave.
- Deena Nicole Cortese: The Jersey Shore newcomer appears to have stolen one of Snooki’s gay pride tube tops and stretched it out in an attempt to pass it off as a dress.
- Bonnie McKee: Nothing compliments a pair of peach hot pants like,…a beltload of bells?
- Busta Rhymes: You could be the coolest, strongest, most powerful man in the world–you should still never wear “just a vest” with no shirt.
- Nicki Minaj: The hip hop star prides herself on assembling the most hideous ensembles possible, and she may have outdone herself at this year’s VMAs. Her outfit was such a stinker, Minaj donned a gas mask just to make it down the runway.
Follow the LA Music Industy Examiner on Twitter