One by one fall premiere dates are being revealed for all of our favorite TV shows. In addition to those veteran shows there is no shortage of new shows that will be vying for our attention and DVR space. Of course in TV Moms land we’ve got our sight’s set on the TV moms we need to keep track of during the fall season. Following we’ll break up the shows by network and give you a peek at what TV moms you’ll want to keep your eye on.
NBC – Fall TV Mom Lineup
~ Parenthood – Tuesday, September 13, 10:00 p.m./9:00c.
- There is no shortage of TV moms to enjoy and identify with on Parenthood and season 3 promises to have lots of mama drama. The moms of NBC’s Parenthood are: Sarah Braverman (Lauren Graham), Kristina Braverman (Monica Potter), Julia Braverman-Graham (Erika Christensen), Jasmine Trussell (Joy Bryant), and matriarch of the Braverman family, Camille (Bonnie Bedelia).
~ Up All Night – NBC Fall series premiere Wednesday, September 14, 10:00 p.m./9:00c.
- This new addition to the NBC lineup has this TV Moms Examiner incredibly excited to check out. Christina Applegate is back with Will Arnett as new parents Reagan and Chris. We’ll watch as this couple struggles to adjust to the challenges (and joys) of parenthood. Reagan will be heading back to work while Chris takes on the stay-at-home daddy role. (Watch a preview)
ABC – Fall TV Mom Lineup
~ CougarTown– Is slated to come back midseason following the completion of Dancing with the Stars.
- Cougar Town gives us the overprotective, boundary-challenged mom Jules (Courteney Cox) and Ellie (Christa Miller) who, for all of her sarcasm and honest attempts to appear indifferent, genuinely loves her son and husband.
~ Modern Family – Wednesday, September 21, 9:00 p.m./8:00c. (1-hour premiere)
- Multiple-award winning sitcom, Modern Family gives us two very different, but equally awesome TV moms in semi-uptight Claire (Julie Bowen) and the vivacious Gloria (Sofia Vergara).
~ The Middle – Wednesday, September 21, 8:00 p.m./7:00c. (1-hour premiere)
- Back for a third season, everybody loves Patricia Heaton who is the TV mom to watch in The Middle as supermom Frankie Heck.
~ Grey’s Anatomy – Thursday, September 22, 9:00 p.m./8:00c. (2-hour premiere)
- The end of season 7 had Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) getting the go ahead to take home baby Zola who she and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) are going through the process of adopting. We’ve also got new TV moms Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) to keep our eye on, and don’t forget we ended season 7 with a pregnant Cristina (Sandra Oh). Cristina was adamant about going through with an abortion…Do you think she will?
~ Desperate Housewives – Sunday, September 25, 9:00 p.m./8:00c.
- While Desperate Housewives has no shortage of TV moms, the one we’ll definitely be keeping our eye on is Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria) who makes many a questionable parenting choice.
~ Suburgatory – Wednesday, September 28, 8:30 p.m./7:30c.
- This new show brings us a single TV dad George (Jeremy Sisto) who moves his daughter Tessa (Jane Levy) from Manhattan to the suburbs when he finds a box of condoms on her nightstand (or “condom-gate” as Tessa calls it). With no shortage of doting semi-plastic single TV moms – including Cheryl Hines as Dallas Royce – living alongside them in suburbia, this is one father-daughter combo that won’t be left without a motherly influence for long.
~ Last Man Standing – Tuesday, October 11, 8:00 p.m./7:00c.
- In a houseful of women, Tim Allen really is the last man standing, with three daughters and a wife – Vanessa (Nancy Travis) – whose recent return to work brought her great success. You could almost call this the alternate reality of Home Improvement…
CBS – Fall TV Mom Lineup
~ The Good Wife – Sunday, September 25, 9:00 p.m./8:00c.
- The Good Wife brings us another supermom in Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) as well as her overbearing mother-in-law, Jackie Florrick (Mary Beth Peil).
~ Mike & Molly – Monday, September 26, 9:30 p.m./8:30c.
- Who hasn’t been eagerly awaiting new episodes of one of the funniest sitcoms on TV today? In addition to the awesomeness that are Mike and Molly, we also get their TV moms, the ever inappropriate Joyce (Swoosie Kurtz) and queen of the guilt trip, Peggy (Rondi Reed).
Fox – Fall TV Mom Lineup
~ Raising Hope – Tuesday, September 20, 9:30 p.m./8:30c.
- In Raising Hope we have the incredible and talented Martha Plimpton as Virginia Chance, a mom and not so willing grandmother and the equally fabulous Cloris Leachman as Maw Maw.
~ I Hate My Teenage Daughter – Wednesday, November 23, 9:30 p.m./8:30c.
- This new sitcom brings us two TV moms, Annie (Jaime Pressly) and Nikki (Katie Finneran). The previews look pretty funny as each mom attempts to connect with her teenage daughter (given that real life teen years tend to bring an ‘if I don’t laugh, I’ll cry’ point of view, it’s got a fighting chance at bringing some solid comedy). Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted on whether or not it is indeed DVR-worthy.
Which TV moms have you been missing the most? What’s topping the DVR list for the fall?
Don’t miss out on any of our TV mom moments or lessons, hit the subscribe button following this article to receive free e-mail notifications. You can also keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter @TVMoms101, and GoogleBuzz.