Michele Bachmann, everyone’s favorite Tea Party conservative, seems to be all over the news lately. Whether it’s her outrageous comments blaming “God” and government spending for Hurricane Irene or just more of her usual rhetoric, she has definitely made a splash. This week a video came out where Bachmann was at a gathering, grabbed the microphone and allegedly asked the crowd, “Who likes White People”. The comments were indeed outrageous, and after further review, were comments that Bachmann did not say and were edited in. Bachmann actually asked “Who likes Wet People?” and followed up with a speech about Jesus and religion.
All reporters, journalists and columnists can only comment on the information they are given. The tape was edited, therefore, Michele Bachmann shouldn’t have been criticized for a comment she didn’t make. The bigger issue is that even as that statement sounded too insane to be true, most people believed it. They believed it because of the actions that Bachmann has taken throughout the years. Here are 15 reasons why Michele Bachmann is not just insane and crazy, but also very dangerous, and has nothing to do with white people.
1. Bachmann believes, despite all scientific facts, that the earth is only a few thousand years old and was created in 6 days by a divine being in the sky.
2. Bachmann once again denies all scientific evidence and thinks Global Warming is nothing more than a liberal conspiracy.
3. Bachmann believes that the best way to cut unemployment is to get rid of the minimum wage. Currently, the pathetically low minimum wage is only $7.25hr. Bachmann would eliminate the minimum wage completely so corporations can pay workers as little as they want.
4. Bachmann doesn’t know the difference between the actor John Wayne and the serial killer John Wayne Gacy.
5. Bachmann voted and supported a government shutdown.
6. Bachmann supports cutting taxes for the wealthy while cutting programs like Medicaid and Head Start for low income workers.
7. Bachmann wants to privatize Social Security and Medicare, putting the safety nets in the hands of the private sector who will gamble with the lives of the elderly just to make a profit.
8. Bachmann has tried to hold back people from affording college. She voted against the College Cost Reduction Access Act that would have raised the maximum Pell grant by almost $1,000 dollars, lower interest rates on subsidized student loans among many others.
9. Bachmann has been open and honest about her opposition towards equality for the LGBT community, advocating for a federal and state constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.
10. Bachmann supports Tort reform which makes it harder for injured people to file a law suit or get a trial and capping the maximum amount of money they can receive, all at the same time protecting big companies. .
11. Bachmann shows that she could care less about the environment. She has stated many times that she would love to eliminate the EPA, lift regulations and drill anywhere companies want.
12. Bachmann is against a woman’s right to choose and when asked whether an abortion would be ok if the mother’s life was on the line, she simply responded “I’m a 100 percent Pro-life”.
13. Bachmann wants to essentially eliminate public education and privatize the system, making it more difficult for low-income families to send their children to school. As the public education system is phased out, Bachmann and the conservatives have an easier chance at manipulating the curriculum and molding children to fit their own political ideology.
14. Bachmann’s economic policies are destructive. She has called for a reduction of the corporate tax down to only 9%, which over a 10 year period, would cost the US over $2 trillion dollars.
15. Bachmann was against the Cap and Trade bill which would have limited greenhouse gas emissions and protected the environment.