TAMPA: Today is the big day: Starting at noon today, 10 bands, Black Pearl Rock Radio, Spawn Guitars, the Spawn Girls, WhereWillWeGoTonight.com, The Bay Buzz, and Tampa Bay music fans will all ascend upon the Silver Dollar Lounge in Tampa for the “2011 KAM-BABS Sexiest Musicians of Tampa Bay Awards Show Ceremony & After Party.”
After the Full Moon Saloon pulled the plug on the awards show just 8 hours before showtime last month, the much anticipated awards show was rescheduled for today at the Silver Dollar Lounge in Tampa.
The day & night-long event will start at noon, and will be hosted & MC’d by syndicated Tampa Bay music columnist Keith Wilkins (joltleft.com), and Dina Mead of Bay Area Band Source. The event will feature an awards ceremony, an after party, drink specials, live performances from 10 bands, an all-star jam, an open jam, vendors, raffles, an appearance by the Spawn Girls from Spawn Guitars, and Black Pearl Rock Radio will be broadcasting live from the event as well.
All total, 11 awards will be given out … 6 awards for the following categories:
- Sexiest Drummer of Tampa Bay
- Sexiest Bassist of Tampa Bay
- Sexiest Guitarist of Tampa Bay
- Sexiest Singer of Tampa Bay
- Sexiest Band of Tampa Bay
- Sexiest Musician of Tampa Bay
and five St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Examiner Column Appreciation Plaques, handed out to five surprise recipients by Keith Wilkins as well.
A few changes have been made to the event since it was originally scheduled to take place last month. Due to a last-minute family emergency, LoudMouth will not be performing at the event on Sunday. However, all total there will still be 10 bands scheduled to perform at both the awards show ceremony & after party, including:
- Third Story Basement (featuring Kevin Keene)
- Black Rose (featuring new lead singer Kristie Blue)
- Twisted Logic
- Midnight Rush
- Diamond Gray
- The return of Triple Threat
- Sobriety X
- Scream Machine
There will also be an appearance by Steve Sturgis from Monster, an All-Star jam, an Open Jam, and possibly a reunion of the popular Tampa Bay band, Bad Neighbors.
Several vendor tables will be set up with representatives from the following:
- The Bay Buzz.
- Spawn Guitars (with the lovely Spawn Girls)
- Custom made hats by “Tazz” (Triple Threat band)
- Black Pearl Rock Radio (broadcasting live from the event).
Keith Wilkins will also be raffling off a “2011 KAM-BABS Sexiest Musicians of Tampa Bay Awards Show” limited edition event T-Shirt & a framed event promo poster, autographed by himself, Dina Mead of Bay Area Band Source, and all the musicians who will be appearing at the event. Raffle tickets will cost $1.00 each, and all the proceeds will go to The Bay Buzz (non-profit music news publication) to help fund their local music news website and annual “Buzz Fest” concert that will take place in October.
The after party will be hosted by Triple Threat, and will take place immediately following the awards show ceremony. Triple Threat will perform at the after party, followed by an open jam hosted by the band as well. The Silver Dollar Lounge will be offering drink specials during the after party as well.
Outside of a few minor changes due to the date change, the event itinerary will stay relatively the same. Below is the awards show time of events schedule, subject to change:
- Noon – 12:45pm – Third Story Basement featuring Kevin Keene (performance).
- 12:45pm – 1:00pm – Introduction by your hosts, Keith Wilkins (joltleft.com) & Dina Mead (Bay Area Band Source).
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm – Black Rose featuring Kristie Blue (performance).
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm – Twisted Logic (performance).
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm – Midnight Rush (performance).
- 4:00pm – 4:45pm – Diamond Gray (performance).
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm – Scream Machine (performance).
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm – Awards ceremony (11 awards to be handed out).
- 6:30pm – 6:45pm – Constance (performance).
- 7:00pm – 7:45pm – Sobriety X (performance).
- 7:45pm – 8:00pm – Raffle drawing
- 8:00pm – 8:45pm – Wikkid (performance).
- 9:00pm – 9:45pm – All Star Jam featuring the award winners.
- 9:45pm – 10:00pm – Closing commentary & “thank you’s” by your hosts, Keith Wilkins & Dina Mead.
Third Story Basement will be performing in between sets while the bands are switching out.
Awards Show After Party schedule (subject to change):
- 10:00pm – 11:00pm – Triple Threat (performance)
- 11:00pm – ? – Open Jam hosted by Triple Threat.
If You Go:
The Silver Dollar Lounge is located in Tampa, right off of I-4 (exit 3) at 2520 North 50th Street. For you fans that want to party & drink, but don’t want to drive home…The Silver Dollar Lounge is attached to the Howard Johnson Hotel, so you can get a room and stay the night!
The event is presented to you by KAM-BABS Promotions, The St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Examiner Column, KAM Music Publishing, & Bay Area Band Source.
The event is sponsored in part by: WhereWillWeGoTonght.com, Seminole Music & Sound, Black Pearl Rock Radio, The Bay Buzz, & Spawn Guitars.
Come on out, party, and honor the musicians who you voted the sexiest of Tampa Bay!
© copyright 2011 KAM Music Publishing.
Keith Wilkins is a syndicated music columnist living in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Keith’s St. Petersburg Live music Bar Scene column which originates in his flagship publication, the Examiner, was the “2010 Most Read Examiner Column” in the St. Petersburg (Tampa Bay) market. Keith’s articles can also be read on The Bay Buzz website where Keith is a contributing writer for, and on World News America as well.
All articles published in the St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene column are written by Keith Wilkins, and fall under federal copyright laws. Articles cannot be re-printed, re-posted, or re-produced in whole without written consent by the author (Keith Wilkins), KAM Music Publishing, or the joltleft.com. Partial re-printing, re-posting, or re-producing with a link back to the original article is permitted. For consent, questions, or comments, please email Keith Wilkins c/o Amy Joyner at: [email protected]
For more information on Keith Wilkins, please visit the Official Keith Wilkins Website, the Keith Wilkins official Facebook fan page, or follow Keith on Twitter. For more information on KAM Music Publishing, please check out the official MySpace & Facebook pages. Follow Keith’s joltleft.com column on Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter for local live music & bar scene news updates. Don’t miss a single article, subscribe to Keith’s St. Petersburg Live Music Bar Scene Examiner column now by clicking on the button at the top of the page.
Want to learn more about joltleft.com Columnist Keith Wilkins? Read part 1 & part 2 of an interview with Keith Wilkins that was published in the San Antonio Single Parenting Examiner Column on October 4th & October 6th, 2010.