The Generous Pour Wine Event is a tasting experience offered by The Capital Grille to rival all others – now through September 4. The event offers guests an unparalleled opportunity to enjoy generous tastings of nine spectacular, highly allocated wines – all served in the comfort of the restaurant’s relaxed, elegant atmosphere, accompanied by signature appetizers, dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood and house-made desserts.
Guests may sample all nine wines or they may choose to have multiple tastings of one or more of their favorites from The Generous Pour – their server will guide them through the experience, suggesting pairings for each course ordered and providing each person with a summary of tasting notes. The restaurant will also prepare custom wine flights upon request, for those guests interested in comparing and contrasting The Generous Pour selections.
Each featured wine was specially chosen from unique vineyards around the world by The Capital Grille’s Master Sommelier, George Miliotes, one of only 173 Master Sommeliers in the world.
“I believe that wine education must be experienced first-hand,” Miliotes said. “That’s why I’m thrilled to be able to provide a fun, wide-ranging wine exploration at The Capital Grille. We are especially pleased to bring our guests some of the world’s most exclusive wines this summer, for a delightful, educational taste journey.”
The Generous Pour Wine Event introduces guests to some of the season’s newest wine trends, while also offering hard-to-find varietals as well as known favorites. A sampling of this summer’s chic collection of choice whites and reds are:
- Tarima Hill Monastrell, 2009 – Making its U.S. debut at The Capital Grille this summer, this spectacular varietal is setting a new standard for Spanish medium-bodied red wine.
- Chalk Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006 – Named for the volcanic chalk under the vineyard’s hillside surface, which gives a delightfully unique quality to the wine’s flavor, this rich, dense wine is one of Sonoma Valley’s best.
- Marquis de la Tour, NV – This sparkling “bubbly” hails from a vineyard in France’s Loire Valley, which has been producing excellence since 1885.
- Conte Brandolini Vistorta Merlot, 2006 – Harvested from 100-year-old vines in a small vineyard in Northeast Italy, this merlot epitomizes powerful elegance.
I had the chance to go sample these wines paired with some of The Capital Grille’s popular dishes:
- Pan-Fried Calamari with Hot Cherry Peppers – Calamari sautéed in garlic butter until golden crisp and tossed with a house blend of peppers (has a nice KICK to it)
- Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella with Vine Ripe Tomatoes – Fresh mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto and lightly sautéed and served with crostini, fresh basil and a balsamic glaze.
- Bone-In Kona Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin with Shallot Butter – caramelized shallots, seasonings and coffee rub (Delicious and perfectly cooked)
- Lobster Mac ‘N’ Cheese – Baked Campanelle pasta and fresh Lobster meat, tossed in a Mascarpone, Havarti and Grana Padano cream sauce, topped with Panko bread crumbs and grated white cheddar.
- Sautéed Spinach – spinach sautéed with garlic infused olive oil and caramelized garlic
Each member of the staff was knowledgeable about each dish and the wine pairing. Serivce was remarkable and left a lasting impression.
You can even enjoy the Generous Pour Wine Eventduring Restaurant Week!
500 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
For more info: you can subscribe to my newsletter below, email me at AIBR.Blog@gmail.com, find me on Facebook or follow me on twitter @BmoreRestaurant
*Note that this tasting was a complementary media event to share the new restaurant, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.