If you enjoy devouring delicious layers of pasta smothered in a zesty tomato or creamy white sauce and topped with mounds of melted cheese, you’re in luck! Today is National Lasagna Day! This annual food “holiday” is devoted to all things lasagna! Whether you prefer the meat-lover version or prefer veggie-style, lasagna is a favorite dish for many.
Special Lasagna Deals!
In honor of the annual event, several restaurants are offering special deals on this favorite Italian dish. Note – some locations offer the special discounts on various days.
- The Spaghetti Warehouse is offering a lasagna meal for $5 if you “like” them on Facebook! The meal includes a fresh garden salad or soup and fresh-baked sourdough bread! Yum. This offer is valid on July 28th, 2011.
- Buca di Beppo is celebrating National Lasagna Day on July 28th with a free, lunch-sized portion of lasagna with purchase of any small or large pasta or entrée. You’ll need the printable certificate for this dine-in freebie.
- Bravo Cucina Italiana is also celebrating the event by offering a 50 percent discount on lasagna on July 28th.
- Buy one lasagna at Johnny Brusco’s New York Style Pizza at Providence Promenade and get the second half price on Thursday, July 28th.
- The BRIO Tuscan Grille is also offering half-priced, full-sized lasagna in honor of National Lasagna Day on July 28th. One order per guest.
- Café Martorano will be serving up delicious, off-the-menu, homemade lasagna by the “Godfather of local Italian restaurants,” Steve Martorano at a discounted rate. The special offer is good through July 31st.
- The Cannoli Kitchen in West Boca, Florida, is offering half-priced lasagna on both July 28th and July 29th. All orders include garlic bread.
10 Delicious Lasagna Recipes
- The Best Lasagna Ever – This Pioneer Woman swears this really is the Best Lasagna Ever!
- Classic Lasagna Recipe – Giada De Laurentiss shares this delicious Italian dish with you that includes a rich Bechamel Sauce.
- Lots O’Meat Lasagna – The delightful Ms. Paula Deen shares her top-rated meat-packed recipe with ya’all. You’ll need Italian sausage, ground chuck, onion, garlic, oven-ready lasagna noodles, mozzarella, Parmigianno-Reggiano, cottage cheese, tomato sauce, tomatoes, spices and eggs.
- Three-Cheese Lasagna with Italian Sausage – Besides noodles, this recipe, from Bon Appetit, calls for onion, carrots, ground beef, Italian sausages, tomato, tomato paste, fresh basil, brown sugar, red pepper, ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe – Don’t want to heat up the kitchen using the stove this summer, why not try the crock-pot instead! You’ll need ground beef, onion, tomato sauce and paste, cottage cheese, asiago and mozzarella cheese, seasonings and noodles.
- Olive Garden 5-Cheese Lasagna Copy-Cat Recipe – If you love the Olive Garden’s cheesy lasagna, and who doesn’t, you’ve got to try this delicious copy-cat recipe!
- Easy Mozzarella Lasagna Recipe – About Guide Kyle Phillips shares this cheesy recipe that calls for lasagna noodles, mozzarella, freshly grated Parmigiano, butter, basil, flour, milk and spices.
- Easy Black Bean Lasagna – Instead of meat, why not add black beans to your traditional lasagna recipe? You’ll need green pepper, onion, ricotta cheese, cheddar and mozzarella cheese, crushed tomatoes, black beans, spices and uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Veggie Lasagna Recipe – This vegetarian dish, from Sandra Lee, includes a lovely Basil Walnut Pesto sauce. Devine!
- Eggplant Lasagna – Here’s another great vegetarian lasagna recipe that includes a Marinara Sauce.
Happy National Lasagna Day! Enjoy!