Summer is the ideal time for outdoor activities, but not the best time to pile on the makeup. Before you plan an outing to the Orange County Fair, the beach or a picnic, make sure your makeup is sweatproof and longwearing.
The following list suggests five products to achieve fresh-looking makeup without appearing overdone.
- For a fuss-free routine, it’s best to skip on the eye shadow. However, a waterproof formula mascara is a must. Lights, Camera, Splashes by Tarte is a natural option.
- To amp-up the definition, add a waterproof eyeliner such as the Maybelline Eyestudio Master Drama Cream Pencil. For a smokey-effect, smudge the eyeliner before it sets. If you have small eyes, avoid lining the lower waterline with a dark shade because it will make the eyes appear smaller. Instead, line the upper and lower lashlines.
- Maybelline also makes a long-lasting concealer. The concealer can be used to hide under eye circles and other imperfections on the face.
Focus on the face:
- Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 is an option for priming and protecting the skin.
- Stains work double duty and are a great way to achieve a dewy effect. 100% Pure makes fruit pigmented lip and cheek tints in a range of shades.
Follow these tips and you won’t have to worry about a makeup meltdown this summer.