Grilled flank steak: mouth watering
Makes 6 to 8 generous servings
- 2 tablespoons Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Meat Magic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground guajillo chiles
- 1 whole flank steak, about 2 pounds
How to prepare
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl to make the seasoning mix and stir until combined.
- Season the flank steak with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix per side, 2 tablespoons total. Wrap the steak in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill and preheat until the coals are very hot. The grilling surface should be about 5 inches from the coals.
Cook the steak on the grill, turning once, until the meat is seared on the outside but still rare inside, about 6 minutes per side. To serve, slice thinly across the grain.
Note: charcoal grills vary widely in heat output, so you may have to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
K-Paul’s Louisiana Kitchen
416 Chartres Street (in between Conti and St. Louis Streets)
New Orleans, LA 70130